15.9.12

Is It Peanut Butter?

Oh Saturday mornings... how I wish we never saw you and just woke up sometime in the afternoon.

The little kids had bagels with peanut butter and The Kid had some cereal.  I realize this is not information that anyone really needs to have, but it will pay off in a minute.  After they were finished eating, the girls went to play and watch cartoons.  Leonard prefers to take him time eating and was still at the table.  When he finished his bagel, he came walking out of the kitchen with peanut butter on his face, hands and arms.  We got that all washed off, as we had a little laugh about how there was peanut butter everywhere.

While The Wife took Penny to gymnastics, with The Kid in tow, today, Leonard and I took the car to get the oil changed.  He sat very patiently in the chair next to me and alternated between watching them work through the window and reading Motor Trend magazine.  I was sure to call before we went, just so I would know what kind of wait that we'd be dealing with once we got there.  The guy said that there was no waiting, so of course we were there for almost two hours.  While we were sitting there, Leonard looked over at me and I noticed a little something in the corner of his eye, so I told him to look at me and I'd get it out.  He looked at me and very seriously said, "is it peanut butter?".  I guess when we said that it was everywhere after breakfast, he believed us.

So far it's looking like the plan for the afternoon is the zoo... since we didn't get to see half of it the last time we went.  The girls are at an open gym session where Penny does gymnastics and Leonard is taking a nap.  We should be off and running in about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment