31.7.12

The Problem with Medicaid...

Is that NO ONE takes it.


Just trying to make a dental appointment for Penny took me about an hour and a half and 19 phone calls this morning.  I finally found one though.  Even using the list that was provided to us by the agency didn't help.  Each office I called said that they either didn't take Medicaid, didn't take kids, or didn't have any openings until October.  At this point, we don't even know if they'll still be with us when October gets here.  But as I said, I found one and Penny's first ever dentist visit is scheduled for next Friday morning.


And now for my Occam's Razor assessment... perhaps this is the reason that kids in bad situations don't often have the care that they need?  Often times the parents are the ones taking the blame, but it doesn't seem like the easiest thing to handle to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment