1.11.12

An Email

I got an email from Oscar's grandma today.  They are having a family dinner next Friday night so the entire family can meet him.  She seemed super nice and said that they were very excited to have their first grandchild.  Through her email address, we can tell that she works at a local hospital, so that at least gives us hope that Oscar will have a well-established, loving, responsible family to go back to when is time with us is over.  Yes, I know working at a hospital doesn't necessarily mean those things, but since she at least has a job, I'm hopeful... that's more effort than his mom has made since he came into care almost four months ago.  I gave her my phone number so she could call and set up a time and make the arrangements for next week, so hopefully she'll call soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment